Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Best Dad in the World!

October 30, 2011

Today is my dad's birthday!  I cannot tell you how blessed I am to have my dad.  I am so thankful for him, and for the amazing dad he has been to my sister, brother and me! 

Although I wasn't there when he was a little boy, these pictures are so cute!  I love seeing them and wonder what kind of little guy my dad was...

 
He's with his little brother in both pictures...

He met my mom when he came to CA in the Navy.  They are such a great example to us, and continue to show us what it means to love each other and grow together over many years of marriage. 

My dad is so much fun, and can always make us laugh!  We always had fun playing with him and trying to figure out what crazy thing he was going to do next.

He took good care of us, overcoming lots of obstacles, back injuries, and years of retraining to support us (with the help of my mom).

Spending time with family is one of his favorite things to do, and we all love hanging out with him and laughing with him.  I'm pretty sure we all learned to laugh, and love to laugh so much because we had such a funny dad.  : )

My dad is so loving and caring.  He is supportive and encouraging.  I cannot think of a time I have talked to him and he has not told me he loves me and is proud of me.  I am so thankful for that kind of dad!

He is also a super great grandpa (Pop).  He is always there for all of us and will do anything for us!

His grand kids love him and love to spend time with him.  Two of my favorite quotes: 
Luke, after watching someone try to fix his toy, "Give it to Pop.  He can fix anything!"
Georgia, randomly: "No one is as weird as my dad."  Me: "Well, there is one person." 
Hannah, Georgia and I all together: "Pop!"

Happy Birthday Dad!  Thank you so much for being the best dad in the world!  I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment