Friday, October 21, 2011

The Pole Spot

October 21, 2011
I have this friendly competition with a guy named Bryan, that usually only comes around once a month.  We both try to sit in a certain spot during our World Impact LA monthly gathering.  The spot is right next to a column in our multipurpose room.  We both love that spot because it is in the back of the room, it's near the door and you can lean against the column for extra support during the service (and I like it because it is where I sat for chapel every week for my first 5 years at LACS). 
Anyway, this month we had our day of prayer and fasting in that same room, and so the competition was on!  At first I won, because I put my phone on the chair before Bryan noticed, but then we decided to set the room up in a triangle (don't ask) and a chair was placed on the other side of the column.  With two chairs against the column we technically both won (although I was the real winner!!).  It's a silly competition, but one that has stood the test of time!  I can't really remember when it started, or how, but it's a fun little game that we play. 

We love our column!

Yep, Bryan thinks he won, but he knows I was the real winner that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment