Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fun Day Out with Jan

September 3, 2011

Today I got to have a fun day with Janice!  We went to see The Help, even though I had already seen it!  I LOVED it, even the second time.  I cried through most of it, just thinking that this stuff really happened in our country, not even that long ago.  I know we have a long way to go still, but I am so thankful for the progress we have made in racial reconciliation.  I pray that it will continue to to progress, with all people groups and nationalities. 

Anyway, Janice and I tried out the re-opened theater that used to be the Magic Johnson AMC theater on Crenshaw.  It was pretty shady before, and always an adventure to go see a movie there.  It is now called RAVE Theater, and it seemed like they did a lot of work on it to make it nice.  We went to a day showing, so it was pretty mellow.  We'll see, I just like that the theater is so much closer than most of the other theaters I would usually go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment