Monday, June 20, 2011

A Typical Summer Day

June 20, 2011

Today my brother Billy helped me as I tried to get new wheels and tires for my car.  We first went to a junk yard, my first time at one (and of course I didn't take any pictures) where we were looking for wheels that would fit on my car so we didn't have to buy them new.  We didn't find any Escapes at the junk yard but we found some Bronco's that had the same size tires, so we figured they would work.  Well, they were pretty rusted on, so Billy had to work SUPER hard to get those tires off the cars.  Once he got three pf them off I decided to call a tire place to see if those wheels would work on my car.  I should have called BEFORE he did all that work, because they told me that they wouldn't fit... : (     So, we ended up at a tire shop.

While we were waiting I spent time at his house with his wife and girls.  They are in their first week of summer and had their cousin sleep over last night.  They made signs for a lemonade stand, played with play-doh, roller skated, hula hooped, ate watermelon, played with paper dolls and played outside, and they already said they were bored!!  So funny how kids don't want to be in school, but the minute they are out they get bored.  I love it! 

So, my pictures for today are of my car in the before shots (I didn't take any after pictures yet, but it looks very different), with the huge tires that were on it when I bought it, and apparently were for an Explorer, not an Escape, and my nieces having some summer fun, but still being bored!!  : )





I'll show some after pictures of my car tomorrow...  Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment