Friday, July 22, 2011

Luke's 16th Birthday!

July 22, 2011

Today is my nephew Luke's 16th birthday!!  My sister is going to have a party for him on Sunday, but I wanted to talk about him on his actual birthday!!

This is Luke on the day he was born, he was so tiny!  I was in a wedding that same day, so I wasn't there when he was actually born, but I rushed back to Ventura as soon as I could leave the reception to meet him!!

He was such a cutie as a little guy!

Here he is in my dad's jacket.  He wanted to be just like Pop when he grew up!  One time one of his toys broke and we were trying to fix it and he said, "Give it to Pop, he can fix anything!"

  So adorable...

...and he has a great sense of humor!! He wanted to be a taco one year for Halloween!  Too funny!

Then suddenly, he became this pre-teen, who was too cool to smile in pictures... : )

...but thankfully he grew out of that phase quickly and returned to being his goofy self!! 

With his great smile!

Luke is a great guy!  He is smart and funny and a good friend.  He loves his family and always keeps us laughing!  This year he will be a junior in high school, I can't believe the little baby I was holding when he was only an hour old will be graduating from high school next year!!  It's unbelievable how quickly time flies by!  I am so proud of Luke and the decisions he has made in his life this far, and I'm sure he will do amazing things with his life in the future!
Happy Birthday Luke!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment