Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Salinas

July 12, 2011

Today I stayed in Salinas and explored.  I went to the National Steinbeck Center and looked around their downtown area.  I loved the museum, but other than that, there isn't much to do in Salinas.  : )  The museum was great, I learned so much about John Steinbeck who was from Salinas and wrote many of his books and stories about the area.  I bought a book about all the areas that he wrote about and have seen quite a few of those places already.  I also have his book "Tortilla Flats" to read while I am here, which is set in Monterey, where I'm headed tomorrow!!


This is the National Steinbeck Center.  It was great!

This rock was outside the museum.  Steinbeck loved Salinas and the surrounding areas, and I think that through his books he really did open it up for the world to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment