Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Mouse House

July 14, 2011

Today I went down to Monterey in the morning to ride my bike on their long bike path along the beach.  It was so beautiful, but I didn't take any pictures.  I decided to just enjoy to views in the present, and not try to capture every beautiful scene through a camera lens. 

After my bike ride I just went back to the place I am staying, called the Mouse House.  Thankfully there are no real mice in the house!  I spend the afternoon/evening sitting out on the lawn reading, writing cards and taking pictures (the no picture morning only lasted so long!!). 


This is the house I stayed in.  So beautiful and relaxing!


There was a water tower behind my house, I don't think that is where my water came from, but maybe!!


My favorite tree on the property, it is so pretty!

This is the driveway/entrance to the property.


And the amazing mountains and fields that surround the property.  I can see John Steinbeck writing about the fields and workers.  This picture looks like a cover of one of his books.

This is such a great place to come and get away.  I have enjoyed the peace and quiet and solitude.  But I also love that it is so close to Monterey and the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment