Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Monterey

July 13, 2011

I am in love with Monterey!!  Today I went to the aquarium and explored the area around it, which is Cannery Row.  It was so beautiful!!  I loved the aquarium.  They had some great exhibits which showed the fish/animals that live in the central California area. 


This is the entrance.  The aquarium was built in an old cannery, so the outside looks like a factory.


One of the things I loves about the aquarium was that it was built around the ocean.  They pump the sea water in and get all of their fish/animals from the ocean right around them. 


One of the big exhibits was all about jellyfish.  They really are amazing and so beautiful!


Turtles.  I love them.  And they loved the light on my camera.  They would follow it around, so I got a bunch of great shots of these guys.


Rays are super cool too!  They didn't have any that were very big, but they are so much fun to watch! 


This is a sea horse.  I love these guys.  They look just like seaweed.  I had never seen one of these before a trip to the Long Beach Aquarium, and I was so amazed by them.  I was happy to see more of them in Monterey! 


Here is what Cannery Row used to look like.


And here it is today!  It was so much fun walking down the streets imagining how it used to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment