Friday, July 15, 2011

On the Hunt for Steinbeck

July 15, 2011

Today I went on more explorations of John Steinbeck's life.  I found his house, where he was born and his grave.  I also found many things in between, including the tide pools he used to look for specimen in with his marine biologist friend.  : )

Here are some pictures of what I found.



The house where Steinbeck was born.  It is now a restaurant, but it wasn't open when I was there.


One of the many murals around town in honor of Steinbeck on the wall of the building that was one of the frequent stops of Kate in East of Eden.  Many of the buildings he wrote about are still on Main Street, although they all have different businesses in them now. 


Steinbeck's grave in the cemetery in Salinas.


Back to the beach!!  Here are the tide pools that Steinbeck would go to with his good friend Ed Ricketts who had a biology lab in Monterey next to the cannery building that is now the aquarium. 


Rain boots in the tide pools!  Unfortunately I didn't find any cool animals in here.  Just a lot of crabs...

No comments:

Post a Comment